4 STARS SUP
Grand Luxor Hotel
Practice your favourite sport in a unique surrounding with all the services provided.
Benidorm, ideal destination for cyclo tourism.
The Costa Blanca has become an international leader in a great variety of sports. The bicycle, in each of its modalities such as road cycling and mountain bike, is the perfect vehicle to enter the heart of Alicante.
Including legendary ports, never ending paths and cycling infrastructures that improve continuously, which, combined with an incredible climate, make this place, the best destination to simply enjoy cycling through it.
Grand Luxor Hotel offers all the services a cyclo tourist needs to enjoy their favourite sport: Bicycle storage, wash area, workshop, route guide, gym, spa etc.…
The Grand Luxor Hotel has been awarded the Cycling Friendly distinction, given by Cycling Friendly to establishments who bet on cyclo tourism, thus creating an interesting Cyclist Hotel network. Below we explain all the certification’s characteristics and all the hotel has to offer.
Grand Luxor Hotel for cyclists. The hotel has the following characteristics:
- Has a storage space to keep, vertically, up to 10 bicycles.
- The client has a workshop area where they can purchase all necessary parts and where they can also check their bicycles out thoroughly.
- In this part of the hotel there are mounts for the bicycles to be able to place and clean them with proper tools.
- With prior notice, you can rent a bicycle to carry on enjoying your passion.
- Travellers have various routes available close by in various formats so that they can be installed on their GPS or on their mobile.
- Also, special laundry services are offered, as well as a specialised mechanic and a library with cyclo tourism related books.
- The customer can also ask for a picnic take away and will have longer lunch and dinner services.
- If needed, you can have a massage after each outing.
- Why not try the indoor bike trainer to warm up your muscles before leaving.
- Before leaving you will be given a weather report to avoid unpleasant surprises during your outing.
- Prior request, the hotel offers a guided service for mountain bike routes.
Cycling routes available at the hotel. Depending on your favourite bike, you have the following available:
- Road. Various routes are available to choose from, to allow the enthusiasts to choose the one that most suits them. The difficulty of these range between easy to extremely difficult. In the first group you find the route that leaves Benidorm and runs through Sierra Helada and La Escaleta. One of the most complicated ones is the longest one, that starts in the city in which the hotel is located in and runs through Torremanzanas and Tudons before returning to the starting point.
- Mountain. Thanks to the Marina Baixa terrain, with a large amount of mountains surrounding it, mountain cyclists have the best location to practice this sport.
Sierra Helada, Sierra Cortina, El Puig Campana, Sierra Bernia, Sierra Aitana are a few of the most used mountains by bikers in the area as well as by visitors.
- E-Bikes. The longest one runs along an extension of 22 kilometres. They are the ones most related to tourism as such, as some cover the most characteristic sky scrapers, others are a stroll to the near village of Villajoyosa, plus the one that reaches Terra Mitica, on the high part of the mountain, where you can enjoy the best views of Benidorm city.
The Cycling Friendly certification is the most renowned recognition given to us. Cyclotourism is still an ecological activity that allows you to get to know Benidorm from another point of view, therefore completing any tourist’s holiday visiting the Alicante town.