Cycling has multiple benefits for our health. Various studies have verified these benefits in those who use a bicycle as mode of transport or practice sport.
These are a few of the conclusions:
* Preserves muscular mass and strength.
* Maintains body fat, cholesterol and testosterone stable.
* Anti-ageing benefits extend to the immune system. Increases the generation of T Lymphocytes, especially in the elderly.
* Reduces risk of cardiac diseases in 45% as the cardiovascular system is strengthened allowing the blood to low better through the body and reduces blood pressure.
* Improves pulmonary capacity. Oxygen intake and flow increase, stimulating blood circulation.
* Prevents back pain: constant leg movement strengthens musculature and prevents injuries.
* Strengthens joints: 70-80% of the body is absorbed by the saddle, without hardly any joint impact, that, thanks to the cyclic movement of the pedalling, allows the energy and nutrients to spread easier to the cartilage.
* The bicycle mobilises phagocytes, cells that devour bacteria from the human body and cancer cells (can reduce the risk of suffering cancer by nearly 50%).